8.08.2007

Fathers and Sons

Buddy's name really isn't "Buddy." "Buddy" came from Hubby. Right after our son was born, he was put on machines and monitors and we couldn't hold him. They showed our son to me briefly right after delivery, then they whisked him away to work on him. I was taken down to my room, and our little preemie boy was put under the "big fry warmer" as we called it. Hubby went down to the nursery and took a video of our boy through the nursery window. I could hear the machines on the video, as well as Hubby's voice "Hey there little buddy... how you doin?" "Buddy" stuck.

After dinner last night, Hubby went out to mow the lawn. The kids were still eating, but when Buddy was done, he told me "Mom, I hafta get my shoes on and go outsi wif Daddy 'cuz me him buddy!"

12 comments:

eclectic said...

Awwwwww.... I bet him IS!! I know, I know... it's our job to teach them to speak well, but, I just love their little versions of the language SO much!

LadyBug said...

Awww...what a sweetie.

Last night SuperBoy got upset because The Drama Queen wasn't (in his opinion) paying him enough attention. He cried and said, "But you my best fwin!"

(And yes, you can read between the lines there and see that SuperBoy has made SO MUCH progress in his speech in the last few months. I'll have to tell you about it sometime. It almost makes cry, each time I think of how far he's come.)

Ortizzle said...

What a little darlin'. Funny to hear about how he got his nickname. Do you use it more than his real name?

Now, of course, you have to tell us how Punkin' and Sweet Pea got their monikers. :-)

wordgirl said...

Awww! He's a keeper!

Circus Kelli said...

Eclectic - I know, me too. We'll correct him, but not just yet.

Ladybug - That is wonderful news about Superboy! I want to hear all about it!

Ortizzle - We call him Buddy about half the time, and use his name the other half. Of course, when he's in trouble, we use his real name AND his middle name.

Wordgirl - I know! Hubby would be really ticked off if I got rid of him! ;)

Nilbo said...

Tsk. Such grammar. Good thing he's cute.

Brudder doug said...

Buddy has the right idea and thoughts, the Buddy System in operation.

Love that kid.

Lynn said...

Buddy is adorable!

WILLIAM said...

Too Cute.

Susie said...

So sweet. I rarely, if ever, corrected LG's grammar or pronunciation. They pick it up. He won't be saying "me him Buddy" on his wedding day. But I hope he'll still be thinking it :)

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

Fantastic story that, as a father, I truly appreciate.

Laura said...

Awwww! Best Buds Forever! ;)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013