9.02.2007

Just enjoying it...

How are you doing today??

Since I have been a slacker in the "housekeeping" department lately, I spent yesterday cleaning the first floor of the house. I figured I could clean half on Saturday, half on Sunday and spend Monday lounging. We'll see how that actually goes.

Right now, I'm completely procrastinating. I lounged in bed until after 8:30, then got up and made a big and varied breakfast for the circus. Hubby and I had bacon and eggs and corned beef hash and toast and juice. The kids had their choice of waffles, cereal, fruit bars, juice, toast, bacon and fruit, as well as some "pigs in a blanket on a stick" -- they look a bit like corndogs, but it's sausage and pancake. Those and the waffles are "heat 'em up" type of things.

The kids are happily playing upstairs, Hubby is in his office fixing a friend's computer, and I really should be cleaning before we have to leave for our extended family get-together this afternoon, but I'm just not up to it yet.

Yesterday was a good day. Punkin went off to a friend's house for most of the day -- eating lunch and dinner there. The kids played all day long, bathed, then stayed up late watching a movie. The two littles fell asleep while watching it. After the movie was over, I spent some time with Punkin, talking and reading. It was nice to get to spend that time with her. She proclaimed me the "best Mom on the planet", at least until I do something she doesn't like. :)

There is a lovely contented peace settling here right now. There is a lovely breeze blowing through the house, Hubby is home, the kids are all getting along (dressing themselves as I type this), a good portion of the house is clean, and the laundry is all folded and put away.

I know this peace can be shattered at any time, and I'm enjoying it. I do so hope it lasts awhile, though. :)

7 comments:

Brudder doug said...

Sounds as if you are in a veritable Eden Sis. That one on one time with Punkin' is something, I think, that will be etched in your memories forever.

Ortizzle said...

What are you doing lounging around, woman? Get over here and fold MY laundry, LOL.

Sharkey said...

Hmmmm . . . when I get up by 8:30 on a weekend, I feel like I'm doing pretty well!

Sounds like you're having a great weekend!

Nilbo said...

Certified Professional Slacker. Where's the giant list of chores you usually post? Honestly ... some people take it sooo easy on the weekends.

Hope you get some alone time, too. That's always the best ...

Lynn said...

When I have peace in the house, I always hope it will last, too.

I have something for you at my place, Kelli. :-)

Circus Kelli said...

Brudder-Slug - Me too, Doug. Me too.

Ortizzle-Slug - LA LA LA LA Sorry, I can't hear you!

Sharkey-Slug - I have some early weekend mornings to make up for...

Nilbo-Slug - The giant list of chores has been postponed until a later date. Alone time? I'd settle for nap time! :)

Lynn-Slug - It's a new day, once again, I'm in search of peace. I'll get over there and check that out. Thanks!

platypus said...

What a lovely morning. We're having a 'special breakfast day' tomorrow too. We always have one on the day I take Stumpy back to school.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013