9.12.2007

Smartypants

The other night during dinner, Hubby began quizzing Sweet Pea on counting.

"How many is seven?"

Sweet Pea smiled and held up five fingers on one hand, and two on the other hand.

"How many is eight?"

Again, Sweet Pea smiled and held up five fingers on one hand, and now three on the other hand.

Me, being the smartypants that I am, said "How many is eleven?"

Without missing a beat, Sweet Pea smiled sweetly and held up one finger on each hand: 1 and 1, which, when you put them together is 11.

*snork*

I guess we know who the smartier-pants is now.

11 comments:

Ortizzle said...

That kid is a budding math genius.
:-)

Brudder doug said...

You, the ringmaster and all her teachers will have to really speed up to stay abreast of her didos.

eclectic said...

Oh how I love that child!!

Laura said...

LOL, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it.. ;)

Circus Kelli said...

Ortizzle - If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle 'em with... ;)

Brudder - No kidding... yikes.

Eclectic - Me too, E, me too.

Laura - Ha. I have no idea what you're talking about. :)

MrPhred said...

*Which* finger on each hand did she shoot your way?

:)

Character Builder said...

Mrphred took my comment. I thought you were going to say that she put up both her middle fingers. Whew!

Circus Kelli said...

MrPhred, CharacterBuilder - She "eleven'd" me with her two index/pointer fingers, thankyouverymuch. Give her a few years, though... ;)

Nilbo said...

Heehee! Yeah, in a few years, you'll get eleven'd a LOT.

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

The kid is smart! How does it feel to be one down to your kid?

Not necessarily a good example, but I felt proud and humiliated at the same time when my 7 year old son defeated me at chess.

Circus Kelli said...

Nilbo - Yeah, I know. I just can't wait, either.

SSNick - I *wish* I was only one down from that kid... this morning, Hubby "took her nose." She turned around "took" mine and "put" it on her own face. I hope she gives it back later. :)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013