10.14.2007

Bits from the Big Top

"A diet is when you watch your food, then eat it."

"My butt feels like it blew up." (Punkin made me promise not to identify her as the one who said that)

"I want that Dalmations movie, 'cause I like it a lot. Did I see that one?"

"Mom, you're smart." (completely unsolicited and appropros to nothing)

Dad: "You're having cereal and yogurt and you had a donut this morning already?"
Sweet Pea: "Well, yeah... 'cause we want to eat healthy."
Dad: "Well, if you want to eat healthy, you shouldn't have had the donut."
Sweet Pea: "What?!" (as in "What?! Not eat the donut? That's crazy talk!") (That's also proof that she IS my daughter...)

13 comments:

Susie said...

That makes perfect sense, "watching what you eat."

My butt actually did blow up. Or out.

You are very smart. (Completely unsolicited.)

Circus Kelli said...

Susie - Tonight, I watched a bowl of ice cream. ;)

Lynn said...

Hmmm... I went shopping today and I think there are a few things in the kitchen that I need to go 'watch'.

Hey, Kelli, want to hear something funny? My littlest was singing with the radio and 'Love Shack' came on. You know that part that goes, "So come on and bring your juke box money"? She sang, "So come on and bring your juice box money"!!

Bone Machine said...

If life hands you a donut, you don't want to insult life. You appreciate its generosity and you chow down on said donut like a rabid wolverine.

Anything less would be a slap in the face to life itself.

eclectic said...

Bone makes an excellent point... but I'd rather have scrambled eggs with cheese. Can't life hand me that instead?

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

Excellent bits. Much more dynamic than the conversations I have with the cat who owns me.

Bone Machine said...

Since I regard eggs about as appealing as I do cheese, perhaps we can arrange a trade for your portion of donuts.

Brudder doug said...

That's what I've always done wrong - - - didn't watch my food before I ate it. Urg, now I find out.

And Sweet Pea EMOTED her what, way to go Sissie.

eclectic said...

Bone: Deal!!!

Oh, The Joys said...

I LOVE that you ate healthy AFTER the donut.

Laura said...

Donuts are one of the 4 healthy foods for the soul. Yep, yep.

Tell pumpkin my stomach feels like that a lot, too!

(especially after too many foods for the soul... (g) )

Kellan said...

"What"?! - cute.

wordgirl said...

Butt blowing up. I think that should be adopted as an official Weight Watchers term.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013