12.23.2007

A Little Christmas Right This Very Minute


The decorations are all up



The treats have all been made



The gifts are all wrapped



The cards have all been sent out



The school programs have all been performed



There's nothing like 20 kids wearing blinking red noses and antlers to lift your Christmas spirit.



Merry Christmas to you and yours from the Three Ring Circus

- - - - - -

I thought I would leave you with some Holiday Eating Tips. I didn't write these, but they cracked me up when they landed in my email the other day! Enjoy!


  1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door where they're serving rum balls.

  2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It's rare. You can't find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

  3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat step #3.

  4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.

  5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

  6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

  7. If you come across some thing really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.

  8. Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

  9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.

  10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Re-read tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner!

17 comments:

Character Builder said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

eclectic said...

Sweet! Does that apply to all produce, or just carrots? Because I kinda like fresh fruit plates...

Happy Merry HalloThanksKwanNukkahSolsticeMas!!!

Nilbo said...

Merry Christmas to the Circus, all its clowns, and the Ringmaster ... er RingMistress.

By all means, leave the fruitcake. More for moi ...

Brudder doug said...

Been there, done that, suffered the after effects and excess poundage. Got over it about Fourth of July.
I am an old soul now, a man of moderation - - - but my memories are sweet.

Bone Machine said...

Merry Christmas to everyone beneath the circus tent.

Brudder doug said...

JUst got word that I am to go in for a steroid shot to my shoulder this afternoon Sis. Wish me luck.

Sharkey said...

Arrrggghhh!! That song again! ;)

Merry Christmas, all you clowns!

Sharkey

Ortizzle said...

I've read those rules before, but still get a big kick out of it every time I see them!

Have a great Christmas with the Circus, dear!

Circus Kelli said...

CB - Right back at you, darlin!

E - And a joyous New Year to you! :)

Nilbo - It takes both a Ringmaster and a Ringmistress to handle this circus.

Brudder - I'm doing the moderation thing this year, too... in moderation, of course.

Bone - And to everyone on YPS!!

Sharkey - Merry Merry to you, too!

Ortizzle - I wish a restful Christmas to you, love. :)

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

Merry Christmas!

May peace and plenty be the first to lift the latch on your door, and happiness be guided to your home by the candle of Christmas. (A Celtic Blessing)

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Merry Christmas! Time to play with them new toys!

eclectic said...

Merry Christmas, love!! Wishing you joy, laughter, love... and a nap. ;)

whatwasithinking said...

Merry Christmas, CK. Thank you for making my days merrier and brighter.

Nance said...

Oh, I am so all about gravy. Merry Christmas to you.

WILLIAM said...

Great tips.

Merry Christmas.

platypus1320 said...

So sorry I'm late but I hope you and the Clowns had a wonderful Christmas! You looked so much more organised than me (surprise, surprise!) as I was wrapping presents at 2 a.m. on Christmas morning!

Laura said...

I've been trying to comment lately, but the hourglass would show up and I'd time out or something. So, try again...
Since it's too late to wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year instead! I'm very glad I found your blog this year, Kelli.
Loved the pic of your tree, it's beautiful!
Hope the kiddo's had a real good Christmas... and just so you know, I followed every one of your eating tips to the letter. *belch*

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013