12.20.2007

WWC: Life, White

Look what's back, everyone! The Weekly Words Challenge!


Life:

Life -- It's getting away from me


White:

The evening of Buddy's party the kids wanted to play outside in the snow (in the dark) so badly. Instead, they got to play in the snow the following day. They had a blast.


Don't forget to stop by OddMix's place to see who else played!

- - - - -
Forgive me internets, it's been ten days since my last blog entry.

I've been preparing for Christmas and trying to prop up my fading festive spirit. I wrote a long post, but it sounded completely whiney, even to me. Just someone please remind me next year that I don't have to do it all by myself no matter what I think and because I'm a control freak I won't ask for help when I so clearly need it so if you see me starting to lose my head next year, please glue it back on, then smack me and tell me to "SNAP OUT OF IT!" ok? Thanks.

We need a little Christmas, right this very minute

Haul out the holly
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again
Fill up the stocking
I may be rushing things but deck the halls again now
For we need a little Christmas right this very minute
Candles in the window, carols at the spinet
Yes we need a little Christmas right this very minute
Hasn't snowed a single flurry, but Santa dear we're in a hurry
Climb down the chimney
Turn on the brightest string of lights I've ever seen
Slice up the fruit cake
It's time we've hung some tinsel on the evergreen bough
For I've grown a little leaner, grown a little colder
Grown a little sadder, grown a little older
And I need a little angel sitting on my shoulder
Need a little Christmas now
For we need a little music, need a little laughter,
need a little singing ringing through the rafter
and we need a little snappy, happy ever after
We need a little Christmas now!

16 comments:

WILLIAM said...

Ck,
I hope you and your family have a great Christmas.

Sharkey said...

I hear ya on the 'doing it all' thing.

Why, oh why did you post the lyrics of that song?!? Don't you know it will now be going through my head all day long???

Merry Christmas!

Sharkey

Nilbo said...

Awwww, look who got back just in time for Christmas! Yay!

Gretchen said...

Merry Christmas! For next year and getting things under control - pick one thing that makes you crazy and decide to not do it just once, and see what happens. Or pick that thing now and write yourself a note to pack away with the Christmas stuff. "Remember, I'm not going to do _____ for 2008." Baby steps! But be careful, it can get addictive and before you know it you'll end up like me - I have 1 string of garland and lights on the front porch and that's it! (word verification is juzas - doesn't that sound like a new curse word?)

Jen M. said...

Yay - you're back and posting!

That snow picture is great.

Anonymous said...

no, no, no..Christmas needs to be at least another 2 weeks away, I'm not ready!!!
Great to see Oddmix is back up and posting the WW challenge again

Laura, Vsea

eclectic said...

I'm an all-or-nothing kinda girl, so when I can't do it all, I find myself not even trying. Prob'ly I need counseling. Or maybe, three weeks without having to work but still getting paid would help, too.

A Beaverhausen said...

I'm going to put all my energies into getting "into the spirit of the season". Good luck doing the same.

Doug said...

Whoever wrote the lyrics has been there done that, bought the tee shirt and wore it out.

In spite of it all, I am sure the littles (and not so littles) will have a great blast this Christmas.

Circus Kelli said...

William - I hope the same for you and your lovely family.

Sharkey - Just trying to spread the cheer, my friend. ;)

Nilbo - Yay!

Gretchen - Great idea! Thank you! My family won't let me get away with crossing too many things off the list. ;)

Jen - Thank you!

Laura - Bite your tongue! I'll definitely go insane if this season continues for another two weeks!

Eclectic - If you find out how to not work for three weeks but still get paid, please, lemme know.

AB - Right back at you! *cheers!*

Doug - You know it, dear Brudder.

Mrs. G. said...

Hang in there, woman, you're in the final stretch!

Great blog. I'll be back for sure.

Casdok said...

Lovely photos and a lovely post!

Ortizzle said...

Yup. I'm a control freak, too. Or at least I was until this last semester when I took on the 2 courses in grad school on top of my teaching job. The cure for being a Control Freak? Having everything get out of freaking control, LOL.

Hope you are able to relax some, dear. Go out and throw some snowballs with the kids!

Nance said...

I cut loose a lot of the crap this Christmas, and guess what? It's coming anyway.

Circus Kelli said...

Mrs G - Thank you! You're welcome here anytime!

Casdok - Thank you!

Ortizzle - Did you say throw snowballs AT the kids?! ;)

Nance - Oy. That is NOT very encouraging. ;) I'd love to cut some of the crap, but I think I'd do better to "redirect" some of it if possible. ;)

Gretchen said...

I cannot get that song out of my head. Thanks a lot.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013