1.24.2008

Hair Club for Blogs

Hair Club for Blogs

Following in the footsteps of Mrs. G, and after receiving A TON of peer pressure from Jenn at Juggling Life (Hi, Jenn!), I sorted through a bunch of old pictures to find some of the hairstyles I've worn over the years. Apparently, I change my hair more than I thought I did. View at your own risk.

Awww... so cute with the scotch-taped bow on my head...


This hairstyle lasted until I got to high school.


Oval Beach in Michigan. The last time I didn't have any qualms about wearing a bikini in public


Princess Diana anyone? Me at my "first job" - Secretarial Assistant.


Ah... feathers... I usually picked up the style as it was on it's way out...


Seriously "in between" hairstyles...


Do you have any idea how much Aquanet and effort went into this hair?


The year of the Glamour Shot


Got fed up with all the hair. Got it cut.


Pregnant with our first clown -- way more important stuff than hair on my mind.


The last perm I ever had. Can you see why? (I had a lot of perms during the first couple of years of high school)


New Century, New Color


New Year, New Color


New Year, Another Clown, Old Color, Growing Out


Stringy, dishwater (natural color) hair. Lovely.


I actually "styled" my hair here with a blow-dryer to have this picture taken for my photo ID for work. Woo!


Another clown born, and the real start of The Ponytail Years


One of the better pictures of me.


Taken a couple of days ago. Sometimes, I get the urge to actually do something with my hair. This is what happens when I curl it and make it all poofy -- which lasts about 3.6 minutes. If the style does last, it will most certainly be in a ponytail by noon.


Lawdy I need a hair cut!

Are you brave enough to join the Club??

Come on... join us... you know you want to...

14 comments:

crazymumma said...

but your face. It doesn't really change. A lovely beautiful smiling face (except for the one mug shot but we all have one of those....)

I'm totally NOT brave enough.

eclectic said...

1996? ANNETTE BENNING!!!!! I LOVE her!! Not as much as I love you, of course, but I LOVE her! She's so lucky to be beautiful enough to look like you!!

Oh, and thankfully, I have no digital photos of my hair through the years, and no access to a scanner either. **phew** Off THAT hook!

WILLIAM said...

I was going to say Annette Benning too.

Hot.

Nilbo said...

My Hairstyles through the years. Hmmm. Well, in the 80s, it was bald on top. Same with the 90s. Still bald in the new millennium. Not expecting change.

No need for pictures, really.

But yours are adorable. And yes, aren't you married to Warren Beatty?

Nance said...

Oh, the 80s...all the chicks owned stock in AquaNet and FinalNet. And we all had the requisite perm,too. How do any of us have any hair left after all of THAT!?

Mrs. G. said...

I love that big ass hair of 1990, and I remember the smell of Aquanet. What fun!

"Annie Lennox" Beaverhausen said...

I'm not brave at all. I am cowardly. And ashamed.

Circus Kelli said...

CrazyMumma - Thank you. Ok, post just ONE...

Eclectic - Surely there is SOMEONE who has pictures of your hair from long ago...

William - Hi!

Nilbo - Warren Beatty? Nooo, he's so vain. He probably thinks that song is about him.

Nance - Good times...

Mrs. G - I was SO proud of my hair that day. That was for our engagement picture.

Annie Lennox B - No WAY. I always wanted to "Annie Lennox" my hair, but I was never brave enough. You ROCK.

Maddy said...

FAbulous dearie. I only wish I could do likewise but most of the old photos are with my mum in England so that won't work.
Cheers

Effie said...

my hair has gone long and straight, short and straight (bob), with bangs, without bangs but never a real style...

it's about time I did something with it...maybe...

You've had some cutie-pie hairstyles over the years...what's next? Pixie cut? jj

Doug said...

RzmbleAhh, Braaavo ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Kelli

Lynn said...

I love the present ones, 1996, and 2002 the best. Great do's for you! I am certainly NOT brave enough to join the club! But I will tell you about a picture of a bad perm... I call it the 'Big Bird photo'. I, uh... don't look good in that one.

Mama Drama Jenny, the Bloggess said...

I LOVE the Princess Di look.

Truthfully I've had the exact same haircut since junior high. Parted to the side, no bangs. Blah.

Laura said...

omg Kelli, I LOVED this post! Your hair has been through every style change out there and you looked beautiful! I remember the feather style, I had those too. and the BIG HAIR! LOL I remember that from the 80's, I always seemed to get the perm from hell. Yours looked natural.

I don't have a scanner anymore, but it would be fun to do something like this, I"m just not sure if I'm brave enough, LOL.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013