1.08.2008

Right there in the Grocery Store

I attempted to leave the house unsupervised Sunday afternoon for my trip to the grocery store. I do adore my children and sometimes adore them more after I've pried them off my legs while explaining to them that yes indeed, we did cut that chord years ago given myself a timeout been separated from them for a short time.

It didn't quite work out that way this weekend, and Buddy became my little chaperone during the errand. He rode in the grocery cart (never unattended) while we played "bury Buddy in groceries." He provided commentary on all sorts of things, and the two of us actually had a good time together.

Mom, that looks like Miley, but I don't think it's her.
Hannah Montana isn't real.
But if Hannah Montana was here, I would marry her.

-- Buddy, age 4

10 comments:

Nilbo said...

Awwww. Buddy discovers girls. Poor bugger. He's now doomed.

Doug said...

I think buddy has the gift, I do so hope he uses it well. He's a winner !

Nance said...

HM had a concert here a few days ago. Before it actually OCCURRED, I became progressively sicker of hearing about it and the ridiculous machinations that parents went through to get tickets as well as the exorbitant prices they were willing to pay.

If Buddy can get his hands on that chick, be sure he holds on tight. She's a gold mine.

Lynn said...

He's so precious! Aren't their crushes cute?

Mrs. G. said...

Well according to all the boys in my classes, Buddy has most excellent taste.

WILLIAM said...

For the money....good thinking on Buddy's part.

Bone Machine said...

You tell Buddy that the Montana chick is just a heartbreaker. But developing a fondness for Motorhead will allow him to sufficiently to deal with the heartbreak without shooting out her porch lights on Halloween.

Something like that.

Hmmmm, buried in donuts...

I think I'm going to need a quiet moment to myself.

Circus Kelli said...

Nilbo - The boy is half-mine genetically. He was doomed from the start. :)

Doug - Yeah, we kinda like him, too.

Nance - Oh yeah, that's crazy, iddin it? We love our kids, but not enough to go to such lengths for HM tix.

Lynn - Very! :)

Mrs G - LOL

William - Well, you know, it comes in handy. :)

Bone - He's a tough little cookie, he'll be just fine.

eclectic said...

No Buddy... you HAVE to wait until you can vote. And by then, she'll be on hubby number 5 and out of rehab for the 4th time. Just sayin'...

Circus Kelli said...

E - I hope you're wrong about that, I really do. Of course, there will be others... just last night he said he wanted to marry his train magazine...

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013