1.10.2008

Thursday Thanks

January 5
That it's been five years since Buddy came home from the hospital. Born six and a half weeks early on December 15, he stayed in the hospital for three weeks. It was the longest three weeks of my life (the last three weeks of my pregnancy with Sweet Pea would be a close second). Weighing just around five pounds, the heart/lung monitor they sent home with him weighed more then he did. Looking at him these days, you wouldn't know he had been a preemie.

January 6
I am thankful that my children have been in a "helping" frame of mind for the past couple of days. I have been asking them to do things, and even if they don't follow through "enthusiastically", they are finding other areas where they can do things to help.

January 7
I am thankful that my daughter comes to me with her journal and asks me to "read this, Mom." -- inside a note telling me she has some things she wants to talk to me about.

January 8
I am thankful for the weekday mornings when Hubby is home (even if he is not feeling well and hasn't slept well the night before). Just his prescence helps keep the kids motivated to get ready for school with less fussing.

January 9
I'm thankful for little boys' speech impediments when they sing the ABC's. Now with accompanying audio!

January 10
To have been with Hubby for fully half his life now. It seems like just yesterday when we went to Lucky's for our first date, and now here we are, (three kids, several cars, a couple of jobs, two houses) 21 years later. Thanks for taking a chance on me. I loves you, babe.

12 comments:

so NOT cool said...

This is really, really sweet.

Also, my husband and I have been talking about the fact that next year he and I will have been together for half of our lives. It's an amazing thing.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*puts an Adblock smackdown on the Trace Adkins photo on this blog, with delight*

Nilbo said...

Awww, that's so sweet, CK. I'm so glad someone as lovely as you has so much to be thankful for.

Doug said...

Waiting breathlessly to hear the swf version. I had a few grammar ane lanmguage prolems when i was a kid an I stoo dill.

Puts a glow in my heart and soul reading about your love for each other.


Brudder doug

Circus Kelli said...

SOnotCOOL - Congrats to you both! Isn't it, though?

Mr B - Snarky, much?

Nilbo - I do, don't I?

Doug - I added it!

WILLIAM said...

Did you marry him for the money?

Circus Kelli said...

William - Nope. I married him because he had all his teef and I liked the way he looked in his work pants. ;)

Nance said...

I remember feeling that warm, comforting glow when I reached that point where I could say, "I've now been with my husband longer than half my life." It just felt really good and secure. So, I know exactly what you mean.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

The way I thought of it was that we'd been together for longer than we'd been apart. It is pretty mind-boggling.

Helpful children, now that's something to really appreciate!

Mrs. G. said...

You have much to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing. LOVE the audio.

eclectic said...

Buddy!! So dammit cute!!!!!

Also, congrats to you and Hubby, and Happy Birthday to him, too! (I assume it must have been his birthday, right?)

whatwasithinking said...

Hey, I left a comment here before. Did you sweep me under the rug or something?

Anyhow, what I said was: I love January 7th. And thanks for sharing that you got Lucky on your first date. And here, Lucky's is a convenience store. I'm just sayin'...

And who wouldn't take a chance on you? I would.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013