1.21.2008

Today was like

hiking uphill
against the wind
wearing high heels and
five layers of clothing
in four feet of snow
with a 100 pound sack on my back

the good news is
i had Trace Adkins singing in my ear,
a good lunch, with a good book to read
and Buddy's lil stuffed dog to keep me company at work

time to retrieve the clowns
reunited Buddy with his lil stuffed dog
collected the girls

we were home for seven minutes when the oldest clown cried no one likes her
the boy clown had "an accident" on the hall carpet
the middle clown wanted to know why the oldest is crying

steaks were cooking
mashed taters and corn, too
the little clowns were "helping Daddy" with the basement
oldest clown reluctantly took a bath which helped improve her mood
(never underestimate the healing power of plain ol' soap and hot water)

the better news is
dinner was quite yummy, even if the clowns didn't eat it
there was a long, soothing shower for me
(see above comment regarding soap and water)

monday is over
tuesday will be better

gimme a beat
i'm out

Amen

18 comments:

Character Builder said...

Can't go wrong with that sexy voice in your ear, huh? Have you heard his newest song yet? If so, did it make you cry? Have a great night!

Lynn said...

Yes, Tuesdays are often much better. :-)

so NOT cool said...

All that I see are the words steak and taters, and now I am really hungry again. :-D

Doug said...

Peace in the valley, sedated ladies by hot water and soap. Buddy probably still puzzled by the female gender.
Give Kelli a ruffle of riffs off the edge of the snare. . . . . yahoo ! ! ! ! !

Sharkey said...

TGINMA (Thank Goodness It's Not Monday Anymore)!!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I like to channel Scarlett O'Hara at these times, "Tomorrow, I'll think about it tomorrow . . ." Hope you get a good night's sleep.

WILLIAM said...

Very clever.

Maddy said...

'Unfortunately' we share so much! Let's hope today is calmer.
Best wishes

eclectic said...

Oh darlin', there's nothing harder than watching your daughter go through the socialization of pre-adolescent girls. It can break your heart. There is a book Mr. E and I both read when our daughter was in 4th grade, called "Odd Girl Out". It is worth reading.

Hugs to you, friend. Hope today is kinder.

LadyBug said...

Sounds like Monday to me.

Love you, Sweetie.

Circus Kelli said...

CB - No kidding... Yes, I've heard it. That new song definitely plucks the heartstrings.

Lynn - Let's hope!

SoCool - Sorry! :)

Doug - Love you!

Sharkey - AMEN!

Jenn - I did, thank you!

William - Thank you.

Maddy - Today is marginally calmer -- I'll take it!

Eclectic - Punkin felt that way about US! I will keep that book in mind, though. Today is a bit better. Love you!

Circus Kelli said...

Ladybug - Love you, too! Happy Tuesday!

Effie said...

..that honkytonk badonkadonk, keepin' perfect rhythm, makes you wanna dance along..

The soothin' sound of Trace and a nice hot shower'll heal all wounds...

Bone Machine said...

...and if that doesn't work, the soothing sounds of Motorhead will cure what ails you. If it doesn't cure the ailing, it might just offend folks within a five mile radius and truth be known, that's just as good.

Mrs. G. said...

Hope today was better!

Circus Kelli said...

Effie - Your comment made me smile! Thank you for that!

Bone - Five mile radius?! Damn! Yer good!

Mrs. G - It was. :)

Circus Kelli said...

Effie - I'd take a nice hot Trace and a soothing shower... uh, you know... if I wasn't married and all... ;)

Nance said...

There is NOTHING that some Tubby Time won't cure. I maintain that even now. We called it "hydrotherapy" here at the Dept.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013