1.20.2008

Weekend Update

New commentary on Celebrity Apprentice

- - - - - - - - - -

Happy Thunday!

I mean... Happy Sunday!


The kitchen looks like a dirty dishes bomb went off and the laundry has nearly taken over the laundry room.

Our oldest is upstairs practicing typing on her computer.

Hubs is working on finishing off the basement,asking for help from the littles when he needs a couple of extra hands (and when one or both of them get a little wound up upstairs).

Sweet Pea is walking around wearing a long-sleeve shirt under a short-sleeve shirt and pants under a skirt because it's about 5 degrees outside, and pretty chilly inside and we refused to let her run around in an outfit that was better suited for summer.

Buddy... well, he's just stalling - running around in his pajama bottoms and a regular shirt. "Mom, I not goin' to take my pants off by myself, I not. You make-a me sad." Apparently, he suddenly feels he just can not accomplish the task on his own, and needs someone to help him. (He's also just taken my computer mouse away. I think he's trying to tell me something...)

So, I guess I'll clean up the kitchen and maybe start on the laundry before he accidentally deletes this post. I figure the kitchen will be all tidy by lunch time, which sort of defeats the purpose a bit, doesn't it? After lunch, though, I think I'll read a book for a bit, or do something equally as relaxing.

I hope you have a really nice Sunday.

One last thing before I go:
This afternoon, I told the kids "I don't want anyone doing anything else to anyone."
Surely my most inspiring piece of parental instruction to date.

13 comments:

Doug said...

Sweetpea seems to be herself, Buddy in training to be a husband and Punkin' - - - - sounds like she is gonna be a good Mom.
Enjoy the day Sis.

Circus Kelli said...

I'll do my best Brudder Doug. You too!

so NOT cool said...

I have so many layers on, but I am still so cold. Despite that, I prefer it to being hot.

Have a grand Sunday.

Nance said...

I love Sundays! It's only about 12 degrees here, so we're hibernating, too. I do a bit of this and that, then stop and stall, then toss some laundry in...in other words, not much. No school tomorrow, yay!!

Circus Kelli said...

SoCool - I'm with you. I'd rather burrow under the blankets than roast to death.

Nance - I love hibernating! I let the kids watch a couple of movies today while I read my book.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Did it work? I have not yet tried that exact piece of advice.

Circus Kelli said...

Jenn - Suprisingly, not so much. :)

crazymumma said...

I love that piece of parenting advice! It sounds about as good as all my half baked blustering!

Layering is so cool and grunge. I tried it once and it just made me look thick intead of waif.

Tell her she is like sooo Seattle mid 90's....

a beaverhausen said...

This post make-a me laugh.

eclectic said...

Tell Buddy that he can come over and play at Littlest Eclectic's house. Then they can entertain themselves while the mommies enjoy a coffee with Bailey's. See? Nobody's sad anymore. :)

whatwasithinking said...

Sounds like something Buddy heard from his Dad, huh? "It makes me sad to take my pants off alone . . . " Yep, been there, done that.

Mrs. G. said...

I like how you keep your orders simple and broad! I'm going to use this in the classroom.

Circus Kelli said...

CrazyMumma - I think it's the extra 15 pounds I've got that makes me look thick instead of waif...

AB - Oh! That make-a me happy!

Eclectic - What a great plan! You're on!

Susie - No comment. ;)

Mrs. G - I hope you have better luck than I did with that!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013