2.06.2008

In Mommyland



A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THE CIRCUS AREA UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON.

THE INITIAL BATCH OF SNOW IS OCCURRING OVER NORTHERN ILLINOIS. SOME RAIN IS STILL MIXING IN WITH THE SNOW OVER THE CHICAGO METRO AREA...BUT THE ROCKFORD AREA IS EXPERIENCING ALL SNOW.

BY LATE MORNING...ANY RESIDUAL MIXED PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE OVER TO ALL SNOW...WITH SNOW BECOMING HEAVY AT TIMES BY MID MORNING OVER NORTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS AND LATE MORNING OVER NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS AND NORTHWESTERN INDIANA. SNOW IS THEN EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THROUGH MUCH OF THE DAY... DIMINISHING TO FLURRIES IN THE EVENING.

THE MAIN FORCING ASSOCIATED WITH THE STORM SYSTEM IS SHAPING UP TO BE A LITTLE STRONGER THAN PREVIOUSLY ANTICIPATED. THEREFORE... THE TOTAL SNOWFALL FORECAST HAS BEEN INCREASED TO 12 TO 14 INCHES FROM THE ROCKFORD AREA EASTWARD ALONG THE WISCONSIN LINE.

IN ADDITION TO THE HEAVY SNOW... NORTHEAST WINDS WILL INCREASE ON WEDNESDAY...GUSTING TO 30 MPH AT TIMES...CAUSING PERIODS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

SINCE TEMPERATURES WILL REMAIN AT OR JUST BELOW THE FREEZING MARK FOR THE DURATION OF THE SNOWFALL...THE SNOW WILL LIKELY BE WET AND HEAVY... REQUIRING EXTRA EXERTION WHEN SHOVELING.

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW... SLEET... AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.




What it looks like to us:
This morning


This afternoon


When you're inside, and don't have anywhere to be, the snow sure is beautiful.

14 comments:

a. beaverhausen said...

It's not the snow (rare as it is) that makes our schools close. It's the ice. And I like to know ahead of time that I'm going to be bunkered down so I can get food, books and videos so that we don't kill each other with boredom. Love the pics.

Circus Kelli said...

I like to know ahead of time as well. I stopped last night on the way home and picked up milk. That was all we needed to prepare to be bunkered down.

Mrs. G. said...

Beautiful. I love snow. We rarely get any to speak of. Have fun.

eclectic said...

Niiiiiiiiiice! I love snow days!! Build a fire, make some popcorn... snuggle up with a good book and put a movie on for the little clowns. Enjoy the enforced break -- it's all too rare!

Circus Kelli said...

Mrs G - You betcha! I could send you some snow if you'd like...

Sharikins - AMEN!

Character Builder said...

It's the best feeling when it's snowing beautifully outside, and there's nowhere you HAVE to go. It's an excuse to lay around, watch movies, read books. Enjoy it while you can!

Laura said...

I am feeling VERY guilty right now and have decided not to tell you what I"m wearing down here in Florida.

But the snow pics are really pretty.
If it helps, I'm home with a sick kid today. ugh.

whatwasithinking said...

Brrr. It's 70 here today. We're all global-warmed. The kid wore flip-flops to school. Just ain't right.

whatwasithinking said...

Oh. Forgot to sing to you:

Walkin' in a winter Mommyland...

Nance said...

And we are getting rain, rain, rain. WHICH, I might add, I much prefer to snow. I'd love to get a day off, but if it means the white stuff, the heck with that. I'll gladly go to school.

Bone Machine said...

winter sucks.

Anonymous said...

Kelli, good luck with the snow. Now if we just had some easier way to get to work, maybe we could enjoy the beauty of this weather!
I would very much like to have Doug Riddigger's address to send a card, if you could e-mail it to me. My addy is eperry9229@aol.com. Thanks so much for keeping us in touch with Heather and Doug this way. It's really kind of you.
Joy Perry

WILLIAM said...

I am digging the new look.

Circus Kelli said...

CB - I did my best, but I don't feel that I was able to fully relax and enjoy the day off... perhaps if I could have just one more snow day...

Laura - Hey baby... what ARE you wearing?? ;)

Susiekins - I love the singing... and the fact that LG is wearing flip-flops!

Nance - I'd rather have rain, too. It's WAY easier to shovel.

Bone - Amen that.

Joy - If we didn't HAVE to go to work in this weather, that would be cool.

William - Thank you.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013