2.13.2008

It's Gotta Be



It's a new dawn
It's a new day
Kids whining, crying
Screaming in my face
Calling me stupid
Losing my cool
Yelling back (once)
Not the best start to any day

Thankfully, work went well
Ahhhhh
No one screaming in my face
Yelling at me
Calling me stupid
I actually felt capable
Still, it was a long day

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
Home again
Clogged toilet
Dinner, dishes
Toilet still clogged
Possible broken vacuum
Pre-washing a dozen pairs
Of little boy underwear

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
Wednesday night
All the little kid Valentines are signed
Lunches are ready for tomorrow
Laundry has been folded
The house is quiet once again

Punkin asked me how my day was
I drew a frowny face in reply
"Thursday is going to be way better than Wednesday."
"How do you know?" she asked.
"Because today was the pits. Tomorrow has gotta be better."
"It's gotta be..."

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
For me

5 comments:

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Pre-washing?! You are a good mom!

Lynn said...

Uh... the little valentine cards for school? Oops! I guess it's off to the store in the morning...

whatwasithinking said...

Happy Valentine's Day and happy Thursday, CK. It'll be better.

Maddy said...

Ooo yes, me too very much. My youngest says [more or less] every day 'this is the worst day ever!'

Then someone usually chimes in that 'tomorrow will be worse!'

Happy Valentines day to you and yours

Circus Kelli said...

Jenn - It was, uh, kinda necessary.

Lynn - Heh. Yep, those.

Susiekins - It was!

Maddy - Punkin suggested that today might be worse. Thankfully, she was wrong.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013