2.03.2008

Thank you Thank you Thank you

Today, Miss Susie reminded me that, although I may not FEEL thankful about stuff and I may be griping and cranky and want to crawl back under the covers, it is important, and necessary to be thankful.
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Thankful
As I sat at my desk this morning, the kids were playing upstairs.
Strains of the Hushabye song* drifted down to me, sung by Sweet Pea -- the baby it took us two years to conceive -- our "spirited" little sprite.

A little while later, Buddy rocked me in Hubby's chair as I tried to read my book. I closed my eyes and he sang me the Hushabye song. The baby who was born six and a half weeks early. The baby we worried about so very much.

Yesterday, when I looked at the mucked up kitchen and foyer floors and saw the mess, I added "clean the floors" to my mental to-do list. An hour later, all on her own, our first born clown took it upon herself to sweep and Swiffer the floors.

There is snow outside, we're safe and warm.

There is laundry to do, and we have a washer and dryer in our home.

I have to go grocery shopping today, and we can afford food for our family.

I've got all I need... and a great set of friends and blog friends.


* Hushabye
Don't you cry
Go to sleepy little baby
When you wake
You shall have
All the pretty little ponies

8 comments:

Character Builder said...

Sometimes we all need a little reminder. Thanks to both you and Susie for reminding me that these children who are driving me crazy today, are wonderful blessings and I am so lucky to have them.

Sharkey said...

Great post, Kelli, and a good reminder for us all.

whatwasithinking said...

Absolutely beautiful. And I love the pretty little ponies lullaby. This brings back precious memories of listening to the Disney lullabies tape on the Fisher Price tape player.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

It is indeed, the little things we need to remember to be grateful for.

WILLIAM said...

Hi CK.

Maddy said...

We certainly benefit from a little reminder too.
Best wishes

Nance said...

It's nice to remember that some messes in life can be cleaned up so easily! That in itself is something to be thankful for.

eclectic said...

Thankful? Wait. Aren't we supposed to be wistful?? I thought we were at Valentine's Day now. ;)

Love you, CK!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013