3.11.2008

No Explanation



Somewhere in the wee hours of this morning, I dreamed of GrandDad. A man I hardly knew, but someone who played an unforgettable role in my life.

In my dream, he was younger than I ever saw him, impeccably dressed and telling me a story I can't make sense out of. (Who is Desmond, and what does Florida have to do with anything?)

Just before I woke, he said goodbye and boarded a bus. I started to say... something, I don't know what, and in the end, just said "Goodbye."

I don't know why he's on my mind all of a sudden today. He just is. There's no explanation for it.

10 comments:

Sam Patterson said...

sounds like a good dream, glad he made a visit to you!

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*thinks somebody has been watching too much Medium and that it's probably Demond, without the S*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demond_Wilson

Circus Kelli said...

Sam - Me too!! (Thanks for stopping by!)

Mr. B - You may be right on the first thing, but way off base on the second...

Nance said...

I have found that I often try to attach far too much significance to dreams that I have. My tendency is to try and wring meaning out of every last image and word in them rather than just appreciate them in toto for what they are, private little movies in my head.

I wish every dream was a sign or a communique, but it's better if I realize that they probably aren't.

Bone Machine said...

I haven't remembered a dream in ages. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

eclectic said...

I think Sam's right -- Grandad stopped by for a little visit. And I think it's sweet! Heck, I wish I could do that!!

Oh, The Joys said...

Those dreams can seem so REAL, no?!!

Circus Kelli said...

Oh, the joys - Absolutely

Nance - I'm happy with thinking he just stopped by for a little visit.

Bone - It's both good and bad. :)

Eclectic - I wish you could, too!

Claudia said...

Sometimes I have moments like that too, where suddenly someone who has passed comes to mind unexpectedly. I like to think it's because THEY are thinking of us. :) (hugs) Enjoy the memories and spirit embraces!!

a. beaverhausen said...

There doesn't need to be an explanation. People who were important to your life continue to be so...even after death.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013