3.27.2008

No really...

Tonight after work/school, Buddy and I stopped by Target to get white t-shirts for the girls for an activity they are doing tomorrow in their park district Spring Break class.

Buddy strongly suggested we get a shopping cart, and then just as strongly suggested he ride in the seat in the front of the cart. I had my doubts, but figured, why not?

He was antsy and crabby about sitting there within the first five minutes of our shopping trip. Shortly after telling me he hated me, I suggested he get out of the cart and walk.

He was still a bit cranky when I remembered I had wanted to pick up this DVD. We wandered over to electronics, and found the DVD quickly. He informed me that he thought we should buy the DVD.

"Oh really?!"

"Yes, Mom."

"Hmmm. Well. Up until now, you have not been behaving very well in this store. I will let you hold that DVD and I will think about buying it. If you do not listen to me, and continue to misbehave, or talk to me again like that, we will not get that movie. Do you understand?"

"Oh, yes Mom! I can't wait to tell Sweet Pea and Punkin we bought this movie!!"

A few minutes later, we stood in the checkout line, purchasing the movie. Buddy stood obediently next to me, charming the cashier with his little boy smiles. Suddenly, out of the blue, Buddy says "I like you, Mom."

Honestly, I have no idea where he gets those darned mood swings... must be from his Daddy...

10 comments:

WILLIAM said...

It is a Jekyl and Hyde thing.

Claudia said...

Yeah, that's it, from his Daddy. ;)

Circus Kelli said...

William - Totally.

Claudia - Definitely. ;)

Nance said...

No, he has PMS--Putting up with Mom's Shit. LOL.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Bribery is such a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Circus Kelli said...

Nance - Hee hee! At least menopause will cure my PMS!

Mrs.Schmitty - Bribery rocks. ;)

crazymumma said...

It's all bribery and threats.

I love that movie.

thelairoftheplatypus said...

I wish it got better! Still, at least he's still cute! ;)

Claudia said...

I blame everything on my husband too. ;)

Circus Kelli said...

CM - No kidding! Stick with what works, I say...

Platy - some days, that's the only thing that saves him... ;)

Claudia - Isn't that what they're for? ;)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013