4.01.2008

WWC: Shiny, Era

Tink over at Pickled Beef hosts the Weekly Word Challenge. I finally got my stuff together this week in order to find appropriate photos AND post them in time! Woo!

This week's words are Shiny and Era:


I found shiny at work. Can you guess what it is?
Answer: Flourescent light fixtures above my desk.



I was stumped on era until I sat down to do some mending this past weekend. This sewing box was given to me by my Grandmother as a wedding gift nearly 17 years ago. It used to be her sewing box. Definitely NOT something on a standard bridal registry these days, but something I couldn't do without all the same.


The words for next week are:
Espieglerie
and
Monkeyshine

Uh... time to get out my dictionary...

11 comments:

so NOT cool said...

A few years ago, my grandma gave me her sewing box too!! It was a gift that I gave her about 30 years ago. She just doesn't sew anymore. It's so cheesy, but I love it. :-)

Lynn said...

Those are perfect pictures for those words. I can't wait to find out what pic #1 is. If I figure it out, I'll come back and have a good guess.

Tink said...

Don't worry. Those aren't the REAL words for next week. ;)

Great pictures! I love the first one. Way trippy.

Circus Kelli said...

D'oh! You got me Tink! ;)

So Cool - Hee!

Lynn - No one has guessed so far...

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I love the sewing box. My mom and I had matching ones, so know my daughter has my mom's. I still have my grandma's pincushion tomato and her can of buttons.

This was great.

Sylvie said...

Hi Kelli (hope I spelled that right?)

I sent you an email a couple of days about about Denver Doug's snail mail, so that I can send him a card. Please write me back when you can.. I'm anxious to send it out to him.

Thanks!
Steph
mom2kiddos AT yahoo DOT com

Reb said...

Love the sewing box, is the first photo mirrored windows?

Circus Kelli said...

Jenn - My grandmother did not give me her can of buttons, but I remember she had one. Us kids used to play with the buttons all the time.

Sylvia/Steph - I sent you an email.

Reb - Nupe - it's flourescent lights. :) Thanks for taking a guess!

Claudia said...

Totally know where I am sending all the stuff I need mended next month. ;)

Circus Kelli said...

Claudia - I'll make you a deal. I'll do your mending if you bring it to me... along with a bottle of wine. ;) I'm not sure how much mending will get done, but we'll have a great time!

Lynn said...

Are you going to tell us what 'shiny' is? I've trying to guess, but I can't figure it out.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013