5.02.2008

Drive By Update



To say I was a wee bit stressed this morning with the commute and the exam stretching out in front of me would be a HUGE understatement. I was anxious and stressed and short-tempered with the kids... and maybe a coworker or two. Oops.

Today, I got to drive one hour and fifty minutes down to Joliet, IL for a three and a half hour, 175 question test. The drive should have taken one hour and thirty-two minutes, but all the traffic and the semi-trucks, the heavy rain, and the fact that I had no freakin' idea where the hell I was going slowed me down.

On the upside, the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) exam only took me about two hours and forty-five minutes, and there was only 173 questions.

The ride back went much smoother - the sun was out, there was a lovely breeze, and traffic was lighter. I even made it home in time to have dinner (hot dogs, fries and Italian beef I picked up) with the circus. That was kinda nice.

After dinner, I was just about to leave to go pick up some milk (that I had forgotten to get on the way home) when the skies opened up and dumped on us. All while the sun was shining making the rain look like diamonds falling from the sky. This also meant we got to see our first rainbow of the year.



*Deep breath in*

*Exhale*


I am SO glad that exam is over...

16 comments:

kcinnova said...

Lovely rainbow, and a nice way to end a hectic day!
Aren't you glad you don't have that commute on a regular basis?

Bucky Four-Eyes said...

My dad used to say that if the sun shone while it was raining, it meant the devil was beating his wife.

Sounds like the test was the easiest part of the whole thing for you!

Sharkey said...

Glad you got that exam out of the way. Now enjoy your weekend!

Circus Kelli said...

KC - It really was. :) There's no way in hell I would do that commute on a daily basis. No way.

Bucky - HA! At least the traffic kept me from fretting about the exam!

Sharkey - I'm going to do my best. :)

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Now it's all over but the waiting for the results! The rainbow is probably a good sign.

Ortizzle said...

I am so glad your exam is over, too. And believe me, I know how you feel. I have two coming up this week and two final papers. But only a 30 minute drive. :-)

Brudder doug said...

'Tain't over, til it over, but I feel darn sure you aced it Sis. 'Ray for you, noew relax and have a "Super Sunday"

Claudia said...

Love, love, love the rainbow shot. I haven't seen one in SO long....

♥ you.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

Do you know I never, EVER saw a rainbow in the sky until last year? There was a huge one over our house and the entire neighborhood went nuts. It was beautiful.

Bone Machine said...

It sounds like the day was less than sparkling for both of us. The upside is that the exam is in the rear view mirror. The downside is that the heavy ass rain/wind on Friday killed my umbrella.

David said...

Glad for you it's over. I loved your comment with your four year old today.
It is indeed an amazing world when laughter is involved,
hey you slow down now, enjoy life a bit if you can.

apathy lounge said...

I'm so glad for you! There's nothing quite as mentally and physically draining as dread. And nothing quite as exhilerating as when something you dread is finally over.

Lynn said...

I felt exactly the same way when I had to drive up to Orlando to take the real estate exam. I *KNOW* you're glad its over! And the new glasses in the last post look really, really good on you!

Circus Kelli said...

Lynn - I am! Thank you!

Apathy - Dread! That's exactly what it was.

David - I'll do my best. :)

Bone - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Mrs S - Oh! I bet it was beautiful!

Claudia - We see quite a bit of them here. I never tire of them.

Brudder - These weekends... they go by too quickly.

Ortizzle - Good luck on your exams!

Jenn - Rainbows are always a good sign.

eclectic said...

SO glad that dammit test is over now!! When do you get the results?

Annejelynn said...

what an awesome return home after such a crummy start off!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013