5.11.2008

Mudders Day



It's been a lovely day here at the Circus.

Early this morning, I called my Moms. Mom invited me out to lunch, but I politely declined. Opting to spend the time here at home, instead.

I served breakfast and lunch to the circus family, but Hubs bought dinner.

I set about to make a cake (because I've been really jonesing for chocolate cake), and Hubs stepped in and mixed it up for me.

The clowns made a "formal presentation" (with cue cards!) of homemade cards and pictures. Punkin also gave me several coupons--she will do dishes, fold laundry, clean the playroom, etc). I can redeem each coupon twice and they expire next year. (I quickly discovered I can only use one coupon a day, though).

After getting a few chores done, I sat down in my chair, read my book, napped and read my book again.

The kids have been little monkeys today (and for the last few days, actually). They're still mostly sweet, though.

It's been a lovely day, I hate to see it end.

Happy Mudders Day!

9 comments:

Sharkey said...

Sounds like a great day. Happy Mother's Day, CK!

Brudder doug said...

Punkin must have read today's issue of "Pickles" =Wherein Sylvia gets presented with a stack of coupons by her mother which were given to her when Sylvia was in fifth grade." There was no expiration dates on her's ---- last panel shows Sylvia busy washing windows.

Ya got one smart daughter there
Milady !

WILLIAM said...

Happy Mothers day to you.

Circus Kelli said...

Sharkey - Thank you!

Brudder - Hee hee... She is, isn't she? :)

William - Thank you!

Claudia said...

Same to you my darling, it sounds like you had a wonderful day. Life is good, eh? Gotta love our little magical ankle biters. ;) ♥ you.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

What a nice, relaxing day you had. Happy Mother's Day!

apathy lounge said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! I just mostly wanted a day of rest. And mostely...I got one.

apathy lounge said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too! I just mostly wanted a day of rest. And mostely...I got one.

Circus Kelli said...

Claudia - Life is good.

Mrs S - Thank you!

Apathy Lounge - Truth be told, I'd like another day (or five) like that.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013