5.13.2008

There's a reason

Actual dinnertime conversation, or "How to freak out the kids"

Scene: Dinner table - The Circus family, plus Grandma, Grandpa Choo-Choo and the fabulous Aunt A.J.

Menu: Chicken strips, corn, soup, oyster crackers and some other stuff.


Me: Buddy, do you want some of these little baby crackers?

Buddy: Yeth, pleathe.

Sweet Pea: Oh, me too!

Aunt A.J.: You know, they're made of babies...

Kids: *blank open-mouthed, disbelieving stares*

It's really kind of difficult to reassure children that baby crackers are not made of babies while you're laughing...

There's a reason we don't see Aunt A.J. that often... *



* And, actually, that reason has everything to do with her hectic schedule and hardly anything at all to do with the things she says to the kids.

6 comments:

Claudia said...

* giggles * When my daughter found out what burgers and hotdogs were made of I thought she was going to throw up. Needless to say she's my Vegan partner, while my son and hubby continue to devour the poor animals. ;)

(( hugs ))

eclectic said...

My kids will NOT be convinced that oyster crackers are NOT made of oysters. Strange how they don't seem to mind goldfish crackers, though...

Bone Machine said...

You mean they're not made of babies? Well, that takes all of the fun out of it.

Nance said...

In my family, I am the resident Aunt A.J. (and I have kids of my own.)

Merry Magpie said...

I loved that. I hope you don't mind but I am going to have to borrow that one.

When my kids would ask what was for dinner every freakin day, I would say Boogers and toenails. One day they helped me look for spiders in the yard for 30 minutes. Then one asked why. So I can make soup for dinner. I should have had the camera ready.

Sorry been a long day I got excitied:)

Circus Kelli said...

Claudia - Hugs back at ya.

Ecelectic - Hee hee

Bone - Not that I know of...

Nance - Excellent!

Merry - Thanks for stopping by! You go on and use it. :)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013