6.26.2008

Mommyland and Book Memes

Laura tagged me with a book meme.

I don't do a lot of memes, but I'll do this one.

Here's the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

Technically, I'm in the middle of three different books. So...

Page 123, Sentence 6 and the next two sentences of Faber and Mazlish's "How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk":
5. Follow through.
The danger here is getting so carried away with your good feelings at having come up with a workable solution that you don't bother to make a specific plan to follow through. It's important to add, "What steps do we have to take to get this plan into motion?"

Page 123, Sentence 6 and the next two sentences of Trace Adkins' "A Personal Stand":
Things were looking up and I felt a little better.

Through all the dark clouds and stormy times, I never let the quality of my work suffer. I almost always went into the studio sober, because when I didn't the recording was unusable.

Page 123, Sentence 6 and the next two sentences of Mary Higgins Clark's "The Second Time Around":
But there are lots of ways to say "I love you too,", and Lynn's voice sounded warm in a sexy way. I was shocked at the next possibility that ran through my mind: Had Mrs. Nicholas Spencer been having a cozy chat with her missing husband?

And this is where I break rule number 5. I don't usually tag people, so if you want to do this meme, consider yourself tagged. If not, no pressure.

I could do this meme today because, I'm in "Mommyland" today. I took a day off of work, kept the kids home from "summer school" and scheduled a few doctor and dentist appointments for the kids. Woo! What fun! Three clowns, three appointments, spread throughout the day... I'm going to pack snacks and 'distractions' for the kids and try to summon up loads of patience (and "patients") in the Externally Flameless Mommyvan. Wish me luck!


*** Updated: Yesterday was everything I thought it would be and more. (Heh)

The first appointment went ok, after that, all bets were off. The two little clowns were acting like monkeys, and I was pretty much "toast" by dinnertime. I was SO happy when SIL came for a visit. I pretty much handed the kids over to her, sat down with a bottle glass of wine, and read my book.

10 comments:

Nance said...

Well, it's one of those days. Kidful and waitful. At least these are Wellness Appts. and not because you have to drag a sick kid to the doctor. Yuck.

Ortizzle said...

Oh, do have fun! Personally, I am now interested in the Mary Higgins Clark novel and what that cozy chat was all about.

eclectic said...

Yay for mommy-land! Boo for doctor-visits, though. Hey Kelli? What's for dinner? ;)

Also, did everybody lithp today? It'th Thurthday, afterall.

Circus Kelli said...

Nance - Amen. The kids acted like monkeys, but everyone is healthy.

Ortizzle - Hee hee!

Eclectic - Dinner? Um, meatloaf. Nobody lithped. It was a buthy day.

Mama Zen said...

Three in one day? I'm totally wishing you luck!

Effie said...

um, I've got lots of kids books around--and not a one of them has 123 pages in it...

hugs girlie! (i posted)

VitaminSea said...

I thought I left a comment here earlier this week, as I remember reading through it. Ahh well.

And "follow through" is very important in golf, as well. LOL


Is the book working for you and the kids? I'd like to write one about teenagers. I'd call it, "How To Talk So Your Teens Will Listen, and How to Get Them to FOCUS So You Can FINISH Talking..." lol

Great list of books!

Claudia said...

I wish I had some time to sit and read for a little while...*sighs*...I like that Meme though...maybe I will do it myself when things calm down!!! Love you honey!!!

apathy lounge said...

Any book I could get finished and paid for would be a good thing. A pipe dream...but a good thing.

Annejelynn said...

I've been meaning to do this one since I saw it here - - it's been over 2 wks now, but it'll happen...

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013