6.06.2008

Where my back asks "Woman! What the HELL where you thinking?!"

So, a few days ago, we got a notice saying that some organization was going to be in our neighborhood and would be picking up donations.

Excellent! I've been riding around with a couple of bags o'junk in the back of the Externally Flameless Mommyvan for months now. I could donate that.

Oh, and that would be a good reason to go through the kids playroom, too.

So, I went downstairs to the playroom, opened the door, flipped on the switch and was greeted by this.


click image for larger version


Oh.My.Gock.


Before I could fully comprehend the scope of this project, I began moving things around in the playroom, collecting garbage and attempting to put the 'sets' back together.

Five hours later it looked like this.


click image for larger version


Hallelujah! There IS a floor!



click image for larger version


And don't tell the kids, but this is some of the stuff I took out of there to donate. You can't see it well here, but there is a whole tub on the other side of those stacked tubs just full of t-o-y-s. (you can see the 'donation' better in the larger version) All those tubs had stuff in them in that monster jungle of a playroom.

Good grief. As God is my witness, I shall never buy another toy for my children again. I swear.*

I'm also NEVER going to take on that project again.*

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've already taken two Advil to quiet my screaming back, and I am in desperate need of a shower before bed. I'm beginning to offend myself.**


*And, I'm probably lying.

**But not about that. Phew!

13 comments:

Brudder doug said...

Seems as if Heather and I do that to each other and when company time comes, we hide each others stuff in our own particular room.

so NOT cool said...

Oh, such an inspiration!! I REALLY need to do that to about FIVE rooms that have a similar, um, style as the first photo. :-D

David said...

I just did a 30 day assessment and dump of around 500 pounds of "stuff". So needed to be done

Circus Kelli said...

Brudder - Hee!

So Cool - Ha! The rest of our house is decorated in the same style, but to a lesser degree.

David - 500 lbs! That's impressive! I'll bet that feels good, to be able to clear out the clutter like that. :)

Nance said...

Have you ever encountered so much brilliantly-colored plastic in your life? What would childhood be without it? I don't remember having that much stuff when I was a kid, but now I sound like my mother: "I remember having a wooden spoon and the lid off of a cold cream jar and I was PERFECTLY HAPPY FOR YEARS!"

eclectic said...

Oh sweet! Now you'll have time to come over here and clean out OUR playroom!!! I'll even supply the Advil for your back, and when we're done? We'll drink to our success! Yay!!

WILLIAM said...

Wow. What a difference.

What does it look like now?

Claudia said...

Wow. I want a playroom like that. Different toys, of course, but you get the gist...*winks*

Circus Kelli said...

Nance - You too?! :)

Eclectic - You got it, darlin. Let me hobble on over there...

William - I don't know. I'm afraid to look.

Claudia - Uh, no... I have NO IDEA what you're talking about... ;)

eclectic said...

Wait. That flower pillow in the last photo? Yeah, got that at Target. 'Bout 2.5 years ago. Not that I know anyone else who has/had one of those or anything...

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I would have been tempted to burn the whole thing down and start all over. Good for you!

Circus Kelli said...

E - Yeppers. I'm sure that one came from Target, too. I knew you had excellent taste.

Jenn - Who says I wasn't? :)

thelairoftheplatypus said...

I wondered what you'd done when you said on Twitter that your back hurt. I'm not surprised! Good on you for getting that little lot tidied neatly away. I really do think you need to come over here and sort my place out.... ;)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013