7.13.2008

And now back to...

Since we got home, I've unpacked all the suitcases, washed and put away four loads of laundry, washed three more loads of laundry just for grins, did some straightening around the house (like shoveling while it's still snowing), gone to the grocery store, and cooked three actual not-too-shabby-honest-to-goodness dinners for the Circus. I've also wiped my son's butt far too many times after poopy accidents this weekend. The boy who did not poop once the entire time we were on vacation (a full week), has moved his bowels once every two or three hours since we got home. That wouldn't be so bad if he would actually poop on the toilet, but he doesn't. Yet. Someday he will. I hope.

I'm sorry, what was I saying?

Oh, and I've sorted through the first two days worth of pictures taken during our vacation. I'm still in awe at the scenery. (Some photos of our time in Colorado have been posted to Flickr)

I've also spent some time over the last couple of days napping and fighting off migraines. I'm grateful that the headaches happened AFTER we returned (same with the pooping boy) so that I could be miserable in my own home.

Monday, however will be quite the change in what has become my routine. No more sleeping past 9am and napping in the afternoon for me. A fact that I find very sad indeed. But, alas, one must earn a living now and then to pay for such lovely vacations. Or so I've been told.

Paid Time Off, how I will miss thee.

And now back to our regularly scheduled life, already in progress...

9 comments:

Susie said...

Wishing you no migraines, and poop in the potty. (I've never made that wish combo for anyone else.)

Lynn said...

I know how it is. The laundry here was hellish and I would love to have some privacy so I can collapse in peace. Ain't gonna happen. Back to business before my life falls apart around me. On the upside, I'll bet you got more photos than I did. :-) I'll be posting some soon, too.

crazymumma said...

It has been an awful year for migraine sufferers I have been told. Looking forward to the pics!

kcinnova said...

Ah, nothing like a familiar toilet! Someday your little guy will feel this way and give up his need for you to wipe his backside! ...Although he might still go an entire week w/o "going" on vacation!
I'm sorry about your having to give up naps & sleep-ins. :*(
Good luck with the transition back to work.

WILLIAM said...

Welcome back.

Claudia said...

I just got back myself and I am already exhausted. There is laundry on the couch, weeds to be pulled and it is too hot and sticky to find the energy required to do ANY of it. I am cranky. Tired. And want nothing more than to be fanned, fed grapes and rocked to sleep.

VitaminSea said...

I read an article that said the average person needs 2 days to take a vacation from their vacation. It helps them to re- acclimate and ward off that vacation-to-work transition!

And Welcome home! Off to see your FlickR pics. I can't wait to see virtual Colorado! :)

eclectic said...

Ugh. I'm STILL doing the laundry. 2 loads waiting to be folded on the couch, 1 in the washer, 1 in the dryer, plus 3 more waiting their turn. And I haven't even been on vacation! Gah! If only I could get this family to stop wearing clothes!! Wait... nevermind. On second thought, I'm happy to do laundry. ;)

eclectic said...

P.S. Susie's wish is the best ever! I wish you poop in the potty and no migraines too!!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013