7.27.2008

Pausing for station identification

It's time now to take a break from our riveting tales from the 2008 Great Circus Road Trip Adventure to acknowledge last week, and look forward to this week...

Dude. It's been biz-zay.

Sweet Pea's sixth birthday party was on Saturday. Family, food, friends, presents, cake, ice cream, and leftovers. Pictures will be forthcoming.

Sunday, we had a "water day" for the clowns in our backyard. We inflated two kiddie swimming pools and the slip and slide. There was much clown frolicing, popsicles and juice and snacks. I supervised from the sidelines in my folding lounge chair until it was time to pack up, clean up, get dressed and take the birthday weekend girl and siblings off to Rainforest Cafe for dinner.

Monday will bring the whole "where did the weekend go, I can't believe it's Monday again" feeling, and will start another round of big all day meetings happening this week. It would seem that while I was touring North America, my boss was thinking of all the ways he missed me. I've been a whole lot busier since I returned from vacation, and while busy is good, it tends to take all my focus.

This week, the days will be filled with meeting scheduling, meeting planning, meeting note-taking, and meeting hosting, as well as a trip to the dentist to tend to some cavities. Thankfully, the end of the week will mean a get-together with a couple of friends at our house. (Which means *someone* is really going to have to clean this place up before Friday night... sheesh!)

I will get the rest of the vacation story posted, and birthday party pictures uploaded at some point. The only reason this is getting posted now is because I'm procrastinating on getting my carcass to bed. I have NO idea what I'm wearing to work tomorrow, and if I try to make a decision now, I'll have to give up on the hope that tomorrow really isn't Monday, and I won't be able to sleep all day.

9 comments:

Dragonfly Dreaming said...

Honey, you must be EXhausted. * rubs your shoulders *

Nance said...

Sigh...weekend!? Where did the SUMMER go?

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Why aren't we given post-vacation vacations?

apathy lounge said...

I'm beginning to think that a long, hot summer is really just a myth. I mean...it's been hot. But it's also been the shortest on record.

Maddy said...

I noticed that the shops are filled with back to school stuff! [I went to buy a new swim suit for my daughter - nada!]
Cheers

Mama Zen said...

Happy Birthday to Sweet Pea!

Vacations should come with recovery time!

Circus Kelli said...

Dragonfly Dreaming - Hee. I am a little tired...

Nance - Good point.

Jenn - I wish I knew.

ApathyLounge - Summers usually are short, aren't they?

Maddy - Ack. Back to school shopping. Just can't think about it now...

Mama Zen - Thank you! I agree!

No_Newz said...

I'm looking forward to the pictures. I love the ones on your Flickr account.

No_Newz said...

Dear God save the queen!!! You aren't a...a-hem...*cough* a uh... Sox fan are you? LMAO!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013