8.15.2008

I can, I am

I recently discovered I can turn a pair of boys pajama pants right-side-in when I'm barely out of a dead sleep, in the middle of the night, in the dark.

I can also go to bed at a reasonable hour, sleep like a log -- a big, fat, 100 year old log -- not waking up once in the night, and not hearing the alarm in the morning and still be bone tired when I wake up.

I can be running late for work, and still be graced with the opportunity to spend three or four minutes just sitting with one of the clowns, telling them what I love about them, listening to them, while music plays in the background - and not once think "Sheesh, I'd better get moving, ok hurry up, get dressed, let's go."

I can want to lose a few pounds, and get in better shape and still give in to the call of chocolate and ice cream without much of a fight.

I can also get into a zone where I am more focused on losing those few pounds, and stronger-willed against the chocolate and ice cream.

I can decide I need to get better with tracking my finances, then not balance my checkbook for weeks, sometimes months.

I am a walking contradiction, consistently inconsistent.

And for the moment, I'm totally ok with that.

7 comments:

crazymumma said...

Ah. the freedom of being a walking contradiction.

so liberating.

(I hate those last pounds, the ones that I am not strong enough to lose)

Lynn said...

You're consistently inconsistent, too? Well... at least we're consistent about something.
:-)
You're AOK in my book, Circus K!!

If you're looking for inspiration for a financial 'take charge', Suze Orman is great. Try 'Young, Fabulous and Broke'. 'Women and Money' is good, too. And she has a TV show and a website as well.

Dragonfly Dreaming said...

You my dear are a gorgeous dichotomy. :) And I love you for that.

Nance said...

And can you find a dropped pacifier AND the squalling mouth it belongs in at 4 AM completely in the dark in less than 5 seconds? OF COURSE YOU CAN!

Mama Zen said...

See, you can do it all!

WILLIAM said...

Wait a minute...walking contradiction...isn't that just being a woman.

Circus Kelli said...

CrazyMumma - Is it liberating? I haven't stopped to think about it.

Lynn - You're not bad either, love.

DD - No no, I'm a GIRL... oh wait, I see. Thank you!. :)

Nance - Probably! Thankfully, I haven't had to do that for a while!

Mama Zen - HA!

William - By golly, you're right! And I'm feeling VERY womanly lately.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013