8.21.2008

Murphy's Law of Attraction

I gotta tell ya... this has been one helluva week around the Circus.

The kids are going back to school next week, we're dealing with Buddy's encopresis (apparently we need to cut back a bit on the Miralax), I lost a good friend, Sweet Pea was up around 3am this morning being sick, I haven't been able to get to sleep any night this week, and when I do, I swear the night is over in a blink. Work has been nuts, the little clowns have been cranky... I just can't tell if it's Murphy's Law at work (whatever can go wrong will) or if it's the Law of Attraction (troubled thoughts become reality).

It's been one helluva week.

We kept all the kids home today, because I didn't want to risk taking Sweet Pea in the van in case she got sick again. I stayed home with the clowns this morning, and will be working this afternoon. The little clowns ganged up on me at one point. Both Sweet Pea and Buddy having "issues that needed Mommy's attention" simultaneously. Buddy isn't sick, just, um... poopy.

I called in to work a little bit ago, about 10 minutes later than when I told the boss I would call. I apologized and told him things were a little bit crazy around my house this morning.

I haven't eaten anything today yet. I'm tired and I'm crashing folks.

Did I mention I've been up since 3am this morning?

But hey! There is one big reason I'm still upright and semi-functioning rather than waving the white flag of surrender, crawling under the covers and hiding...



Friday morning, Erika and I are outta here like Thelma and Louise, but without the dramatic ending, and definitely WITH a whole lotta fun!!

Nashville won't know what hit 'em.

8 comments:

Mama Zen said...

"Murphy's Law of Attraction!" That is just absolutely perfect.

Hope things settle down and you make it through the day without wearing any bodily fluids!

Aunt Shelley said...

no picking up any hitchhikers...unless it is Brad Pitt!!!!

Bone Machine said...

Please don't destroy the city. I've got to go there for culture in the future.

May your trip be safe and completely wonderful.

Circus Kelli said...

Mama Zen - I checked, I'm pretty sure that splotch on my shirt was from lunch... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Shelley - LOL!!

Bone - Thank you kindly sir.

No_Newz said...

Y'all have a fun and safe trip now, ya hear?!

kcinnova said...

Have a wonderful trip - stay healthy!!

apathy lounge said...

Leaving town...what a novel idea. Which I'd thought of it sooner.

WILLIAM said...

How was the trip?

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013