8.07.2008

Peptalks

There are so many things I want to do, and so many things I need to do...
  • Write more
  • Finish the 2008 Great Circus Road Trip saga
  • New blog design
  • Get prints made of the best clown photos from vacation, birthday party
  • Move my photos from my old photo site to Flickr
  • Read more of the too many books I have waiting for me to read them
  • Go to Nashville, TN with Erika (in two weeks!!)
  • Just 'chill' with the Hubby
  • Be more of an "in the moment" Mom
  • That work thing and all that encompasses
  • Back to school and all that entails for the clowns
  • Plan, hostess my sister's baby shower
  • Check in on some of my offline friends, family
  • Redesign my old site
  • Move the blog over to the old site somehow

In the next eight weeks, I'm going to do a lot of what I need to do, and as much of what I want to do as I can.

I've been feeling better, and (as always) trying to maintain a balance of what the family needs and what I need. I've been trying to be happier with who I am NOW. What can I say? I'm a work in progress.

Claudia had this great post where she listed all the stuff she loved about herself, and challenged others to do the same about themselves. I haven't done it, but I have been thinking about it. I find myself losing focus and seeing more of what I don't like about me. I need to change that.

David wants to change the world. I love that idea. Let's give it a shot, shall we?

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that you will get further if you try and fail, than if you hadn't tried at all.

11 comments:

eclectic said...

I just really like you Kelli. Thanks for the peptalk -- it actually helps me today, so I'll probably be back over a time or two to re-read. I'll try not to cause a ruckus.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That's a big list--just keep checking things off!

Circus Kelli said...

Eclectic - We haven't had a good ruckus around here for a few minutes now. Go on and cause one! :)

Jenn - I'm working on it! :)

Bone Machine said...

Hell's bells, it's an epidemic when I am sort of alright (by my standards) with the world. It will likely come crashing down like the Hindenburg, but until then, whoopie!

If it sustains itself, then there is something to that The Tao Of Willie book.

Maddy said...

Try, try, try again. Certainly works for me.
Best wishes

Lake Goddess said...

Hey, first thing up in the morning look in the mirror (don't shriek at the first glance) and say: "By gawd, I like you, Circus Kelli!"

Dragonfly Dreaming said...

Do it.

I SO want to see what you come up with since you're my rock star friend. :)

Mama Zen said...

I needed this exact peptalk today! Thanks!

Ortizzle said...

C.K., one of your best virtues is that you are so balanced, and one of the others is that you are always looking for ways to improve, improvise, and innovate.
You rock, and the way you are raising the circus and all the other stuff you do leaves me thinking I do not dare complain that there isn't enough time for everything. Because there is. What I have learned from you: all we have to do is define our own personal "everything."

Bone Machine said...

It's all about the bubbles.

Maddy said...

Wise words indeed. Maybe it's the time of year? I'll go and check the 'be positive' post in a minute but I think we always tend to see our faults looming large and brush aside our assets.
Best wishes

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013