9.02.2008

The Real Reason

Tonight, as I swept and Swiffered the kid crud off the kitchen floor, assisted the boy clown with the effects of the 'virus taking the expressway out' of his body, and prewashed several pairs of little clown underwear, my mind wandered...


Oprah: So, Kelli. You've had a successful career, met and married a great guy and come further along than you ever thought possible when you were growing up the minority in that apartment complex in Rolling Ghettoes.

Me: (smiling) Yes, yes I have.

Oprah: What made you decide to start a family?

Me: Well, O -- may I call you "O"? -- like anyone else, I did it for all the glitz and glamour of being a Mom...

10 comments:

Susie said...

You are way glitzy and glamorous. Muy glamorosa!

CarneyFarm said...

I love all the glamour too that comes with being a mom.

eclectic said...

Oh man... I'm right there with ya on the relentless glamor of it all. Wow.

But someday when everyone's equal in the nursing home, our children with their children with their children will come visit at the holidays. We'll be the envy of the entire wing!! And THAT's why we do what we do everydamnday. And it's glamorous, dammit.

Circus Kelli said...

Susie - I owe it all to my kids...

Carneyfarm - (Welcome!) It's addicting, isn't it?

Eclectic - I thought you might be able to relate. "Relentless Glamour" - love that!

Mama Zen said...

Not to mention the adoring fans and heartfelt appreciation . . .

Bone Machine said...

The things we must do for glitz and glamour.

kcinnova said...

Your kid crud comes off the kitchen floor with sweeping and swiffering?
You've got easier kid crud than me!

But you forgot to mention that you do this in a tailored shirtwaist, skirt, pumps and pearls (ala June Cleaver).

Circus Kelli said...

Mama Zen - But of course.

Bone - No kidding...

KC - Well, yes, but not without a TON of scrubbing... yes, in heels and pearls, of course. Doesn't everybody dress that way for housework? :)

Dave said...

Brilliant!
I love this

calvin klein mens underwear said...

Ah, the glamour that comes with being a mom.

I love it.
Great post!

Cheers,
Ariannah

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013