10.30.2008

Celebrating 40



After anticipating this birthday for a year, planning my adventure for six months, and celebrating for damn near two months, I am now officially 40 years old. YAY!!

My coworker, "Mo", made sure my day did not go by unnoticed. She went to a lot of trouble to announce my birthday and age to the entire company* with signs "all over the building" and dozens of black balloons and a fantastic cake. She even 'reminded' my boss. She's awesome, and I truly appreciated all of it.

I took a few pictures (and added notes and comments to them) and posted them over here. Enjoy!






* Unlike Sweet Pea who merely told everyone she came into contact with at her school and around the neighborhood (including hollering to our neighbors over our backyard fence) that her Mom would be turning FORTY!

17 comments:

Sharkey said...

And the cake even has the famous photo! Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration. Happy birthday one more time!

Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Welcome to the Elderly Club. Please leave your walker and other potential weapons at the door.

Squirl said...

I love the photo on the cake.

Bucky, be nice.

Happy Birthday!

eclectic said...

I think it's great that your workplace is so accommodating to celebrations. And that your coworker(s) are smart enough to recognize that you should absolutely be celebrated!! Glad you had a happy day. Many more, eh?

Nilbo said...

40 is the new 30. Actually, so is 50. Glad you had a happy birthday, darlin' ... who deserves it more?

so NOT cool said...

Happy birthday. :)

The cake turned out GREAT!!

WILLIAM said...

Happy forty. Just what part of the Trace Adkins cake did you eat?

Dave said...

Happy huge big day! Hope it is amazing as the adventure has been so far.

Maddy said...

Forties as so way much better than 30's, more confident, and take everything in your stride......there again you seem to do that already!
Cheers and many happy returns of the day

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kel ... still drop by sometimes and think of you and yours
T

Bone Machine said...

My eyesight is rather poorly. Is that Gene Simmons on the cake?

Nance said...

Happy Birthday! Forty is Fantastic. (She said from the tail end of the decade...)

kcinnova said...

Happy Birthday!

In Germany, every birthday that ends with a 0 should be celebrated BIG. I think you did a terrific job making that happen. :)

Lynntaketwo said...

And you got cake! CAKE, I say! Now that is what I call a good office birthday! Can I have a piece?

Mama Zen said...

Happy Birthday!

crazymumma said...

you are gorgeous. The forties rock.

Annejelynn said...

I'm so behind! Belated HAPPIEST FOURTIETH BIRTHDAY EVAH!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013