10.18.2008

Insert *BIG HUGE SMILE* here -- * Updated!

I've added words to the picture...



I may just leave this photo here for a while...

*grinning*

And now... actual words:
Long story, short -- Six months ago, not really needing any material possessions*, I decided what I wanted for my 40th birthday.

I wanted an adventure, an experience. I wanted to meet Trace Adkins, shake his hand, talk to him for a moment or two, and somehow make a difference to him. I wanted a fantastic memory.

If nothing else, I knew the "ride to try" would be fun.

As a result of that birthday wish, I went on a fabulously crazy road trip to Nashville with Erika, saw Trace and Martina McBride perform at the Grand Ole Opry, attended two concerts (one with Erika and one with Aunt Jeri), saw Alan Jackson, Jason Michael Carroll, James Otto and Craig Morgan -- four performers I had never seen live before! -- as well as Trace Adkins, had my first shot of Jack Daniels, laughed my fool head off, met Trace Adkins not once, but TWICE, got a photograph of both meetings, got an autograph, and, for a few minutes, I made a difference.**

This birthday has been so much fun... truly. Everyone should do something crazy silly like this at least once. I owe Aunt Jeri and Erika a huge thank you for the support and encouragement and tolerance for my behavior the past few months. You ladies are awesome.

You know what the best thing is? My birthday isn't until next week! Anything celebratory that happens now in honor of my 40th birthday is just ice cream on the cake! Mmmm... ice cream... cake...

All the photos that turned out somewhat clear can be seen here

* then again, who doesn't love presents?!

** during one of the songs at the Milwaukee, WI concert, the audience held up paper cut out hearts (made by another member of the fan club). Trace and the band did not expect that, and the look of surprise and appreciation on their faces was very cool. I really felt like I (and the other audience members) made a difference to the guys on stage.


"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." -- Les Brown

24 comments:

Susie said...

Get OUT! How is it that seeing someone I've never met with someone else I've never even cared to meet can freakin' MAKE MY DAY?!

heee You go, hot mama!

Character Builder said...

WOW!!! When I saw that picture, my smile was *almost* as big as yours! How cool! I love Trace! Can't wait to hear all the details.

Character Builder said...

You look great in that picture, by the way!

Circus Kelli said...

Susie - LOL I'm SO glad that made your day! It made my whole *birthday month*!

CB - Thank you! I have over 350 pictures to go through, THEN I'm gonna try to write it all out.

Sharkey said...

Awesome! Did he remember you and your note?!

Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Is this before you gave him the roofie?

eclectic said...

Nuh-UH!!!! Whoooo-freakin-hoooo!!! Didja pat him on the badonka-donk?

Bone Machine said...

I'm happy that you got to meet Gene Simmons.

I'm guessing that I won't get to meet AC/DC for my birthday, so I will just settle for no snow and getting into the venue with my ticketless ticket.

Circus Kelli said...

Sharkey - Oh, I didn't ask! My guess is no.

B4E - Absolutely. I droopped it in his coffee. ;p

Eclectic - I was too chicken. :)

Bone - I'm happy that I got to meet him, too. I do so hope that someone famous shows up at the AC/DC show for you. ;)

Vajana said...

Now that is just awesome. And I twittered you last week because i thought the concert was LAST Friday. I'm a dummy. I excuse myself because I was still in Rick Springfield Land (whom I did NOT get to meet, darnit!)

Go you! Congrats! That is great!

Circus Kelli said...

VJ - I did go to a Trace Adkins concert last week! It was Trace and Alan Jackson and James Otto. :) *This one*, however was where I got to meet Trace. ;)

*swoon*

apathy lounge said...

Love me a long-haired cowboy!!

WILLIAM said...

Wait...where is his other hand...wait..where is your other hand?

kcinnova said...

I recognize that man. And that is some BIG smiling going on!!

Yep, this made my evening, just seeing this picture!

Nilbo said...

LOVE the smile. And yes, as William says ... the search for missing hands is ON.

Incidently: the moon is 384,000 Km away, on average. The sun is 93,000,000 miles away (again, average) - about 400 times further. The sun is the nearest star. So if you miss the moon, you won't land among the stars. More like the asteroids. Or space junk from various satellites.

Still: if you shoot for the moon, you'll still outreach anybody around you ...

Circus Kelli said...

ApathyLounge - Yes you do!

William - They're back there somewhere...

KC - MIGHTY BIG SMILIN goin on. ;)

Nilbo - The hands aren't missing. I know exactly where they are.

Mama Zen said...

Have mercy!

Squirl said...

What a great birthday present! Enjoy your birthday time! :-)

Circus Kelli said...

Mama Zen - I KNOW!

Squirl - I have been. :)

Lynntaketwo said...

Ack! I swear I just left a comment...

I love that picture Kelli. You look fab! Happy 40!

(I sent you an email.)

Circus Kelli said...

LynnT2 - I have to admit, as blurry as it is, I do love this picture, too. Got your email. Thx!

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday Kelli!!!!!

Susie said...

I really love you. You make me smile, and you always make me want to try harder. And that's a good thing. Happy Birthday, CK. I'm drinking a regular Coke in your honor. xoxox

Circus Kelli said...

Thanks, Shel! I sent you pics from the "office party" here yesterday!

Susie - You are truly a remarkable woman. Really really. I really mean that. *cheers*

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013