10.07.2008

Much better

This morning, after being awakened by the single most annoying song you could play at 4:30 in the morning EVER, I lay in bed, my mind wandering. (Because there is no way I am getting my ass out of bed at 4:30am unless the house is on fire or we are going on a "leave in the middle of the night" vacation)

My thoughts settled on the little clowns.

Punkin - 10 years old, almost 11. As tall as I am. Sweet, funny, smarter than she realizes. She has a good heart. She can't raise her eyebrow, or do an "Elvis lip", but she can curve her tongue into a "hot dog bun". Something I could never do.

Sweet Pea - 6 years old. A sprite, an imp. Spunky. Smart, funny. She's kind of the peanut of the three. I'm convinced she was born without a "filter". If she thinks something, it pops right out of her mouth. She certainly makes life interesting. She always wants the extra hugs and kisses, and has started saying "I love you too, Mommy" even before I say "I love you" first.

Buddy - 4 years old. His temperment is a nice blend of Punkin's laid-back approach and Sweet Pea's 'in your face' earnestedness. He's not a big fan of playing on his own, and adores his big sisters. He's a cuddle-bug, yet he can be so very stubborn.

As Hubby got ready for his day, I heard the pitter patter of little feeties entering our room. I do what I always do -- pretend to be asleep, and try to figure out, without opening my eyes, if it was Buddy or Sweet Pea. The little clown climbed up in our bed, and got comfortable on Daddy's side before I could figure it out. I heard the tell tale noise of Buddy 'chewing' the inside of his cheek before he drifted back off to sleep for a few moments.

All too soon, Sweet Pea was in our room as well, the two of them lying on top of me in an attempt to keep me from getting up and starting my day. It was so tempting, the thought of staying all nice and coccooned amongst the pillows and blankets with the two cuddly little people.

Instead, I managed to struggle free of the warm blankets and a hundred pounds of clowns, thanking the powers that be for bringing them into my life. And for warm blankets and squishy pillows.

9 comments:

Sharkey said...

Thank you for putting that song in my head today.

This was a great post. I love mornings when it's chilly and I can stay cozy under the covers. Didn't happen for me today either.

WILLIAM said...

This is a perfect post.

eclectic said...

WOW. Mullet-mania... like, really WOW.

**shakes head to rid self of the cloying effects of that video**

You know that when you write stuff like this, none of us can resist you, right? You know that? Good.

;)

Bone Machine said...

While I don't really like The Reflex, I will say that I think hearing Don't Worry Be Happy first thing would send me over the psychotic edge right out of the gate.

Aqualung by Jethro Tull nearly did it on Monday. As soon as I woke up to that pile of shit, I croaked "Man, I hate Jethro Tull."

If you've got a rock band with a lead flute, something is seriously wrong.

Circus Kelli said...

Sharkey - Anytime! :)

William - Thank you.

Eclectic - Love you, darlin! :)

Bone - I'd have to agree with you on that one. I no likey Jethro Tull. Aqua Lung? What does that even mean?

Bone Machine said...

It means that Jethro Tull suck.

kcinnova said...

I think waking to talk radio would make my head explode. "The Reflex" (and Duran Duran in general) was indeed a bad way to start the morning. But my college roommate will never forgive me for putting using my clock-radio and hearing AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap)" at full-blast one morning.
"Concrete Shoes... cyanide... TNT... Done Dirt Cheap!" Oy!!

Little clowns and snuggles are definitely better. My youngest joined me today, but that was mostly to wake me up so I'd make his breakfast!

WILLIAM said...

Hi CK.

Bone Machine said...

You mean I show up and there's nary a bit of birthday cake?

Happy birthday indeed!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013