11.14.2008

Buddyflies

There were a couple of days this past work week that felt like I was slogging through molasses during a much colder than normal day in January. One day in particular this week, I jammed the big shredder, and hit my head on the wall when I leaned down to try to clear the jam -- and that was the highlight of my day. Somehow, I made it through the day without any further injury to any other beings, mechanical or human, and arrived at preschool to pick up Buddy. As is routine, I collected his coat and any paperwork and/or drawings he accomplished during the day.

This is what greeted me:

(click for larger version)


And, for the first time during that really long day, a genuine smile crept across my face.

13 comments:

Dave said...

Blue happy skies, nothing but blue happy skies, smiling at you.

Nance said...

What a terrific picture! So cheerful and so original. I am saving it for wallpaper.

Susie said...

I love this. Of course it makes you smile. And I love Nance's idea. Me, too!

Circus Kelli said...

Dave - It was a good reminder to look at the happy skies.

Nance, Susie - Isn't it, though? Usually, his pictures consist of a completely crayon-covered page. It was like this picture just arrived when I needed it.

Mama Zen said...

What a great picture! That would have cheered me up, too.

mrtl said...

Those are sweet!

WILLIAM said...

Awesome

eclectic said...

I always wondered what booty flies looked like. Oh wait, you said "Buddyflies", didn't you? Nevermind.

;)

They (and Buddy) are adorable!

kcinnova said...

Buddyflies would cheer anyone up!
That is some wonderful artwork. :)

apathy lounge said...

Well...it made me smile and it wasn't even drawn specifically for me. Hope things are looking up from here on out.

apathy lounge said...

Well...it made me smile and it wasn't even drawn specifically for me. Hope things are looking up from here on out.

Ortizzle said...

I think you buddy get a frame for that. :-)

Patsy said...

I think that picture should be framed also! It is really great. It looks like flying smiles to me.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013