1.04.2009

Awake On A Sunday

Punkin is stalling on getting upstairs to take a shower, and the two little clowns are in their Halloween costumes running around the first floor.

I'm down in the basement office where Hubby moved my computer temporarily while he paints on the first floor. There are paint supplies/tools all over my kitchen "desk", the refrigerator is pulled out for maintenance, the items that are normally on my kitchen counters are stacked all over the floor in the foyer, the family room furniture is still in the middle of the room surrounded by ladders and other tools, and all the Christmas-y and non-seasonal knick knacks from the family room are stacked willy-nilly all over the dining room.

Uh-oh... the kids are quiet...

Ah. That didn't last long. Here comes Buddy the Transformer...

Anyway...


Today is the wake for my Father-In-Law, Rich. He lost his battle with cancer last Friday morning. I got up early this morning to shower and have some time to myself before having to get started getting everything ready for this afternoon. We're bringing the three clowns to the wake, and plan on stashing them in the little "room" with toys, coloring books, some snacks, and a couple of movies to keep them busy. I need to get that all together, hem Buddy's pants, and make sure everyone is dressed and ready to go by 12:30pm.

I have no idea what today will bring, and I can tell you that I'm already feeling stressed...

Ok... two littles have discovered I was having some quiet time and are in here putting a stop to that. Time for me to get a move on.

More later.

7 comments:

Susie said...

Thinking of you and yours; I hope all goes as well as it possibly can.

Nance said...

Sounds like many things in your life are disordered right now. Here's wishing you peace and calm very soon.

tksinclair said...

Sorry to read of your father in law Kelly. We lost my step father last Christmas day and this being the first anniversary of that loss made Christmas difficult for everyone. This past year overall has been very difficult.

Always good to read about the kids although it's hard to believe how big they are getting! Hard to believe the time goes by so fast.

Take care....

WILLIAM said...

Sorry to hear about your FIL.

Character Builder said...

Awww...Kelli, I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and your family.

Effie said...

sorry to hear of your father in law--hugs to you and all of yours!!

Circus Kelli said...

Thank you so much Susie, Nance, TKSinclair, William, CB, and Effie.
I'm still waiting on peace and calm to arrive.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013