8.23.2013

August

This August has pretty much been a blur of stress, anxiety, headaches and waiting for the headache meds to kick in.

One child a sophomore in high school. One just into middle school, and one in elementary school.
Oldest is learning to drive and getting her first job.
Middle is nervous and excited about starting middle school.
Youngest is nervous he won't do well in fourth grade.

As I type this, the side of my head hurts. Not the usual, monthly headache, but more weather/sinus-related probably. I get more of these types of headaches in July and August. Instead of one or two a month, I get them every few days. When they hit, I just want to lie down and go to sleep. Thankfully, the headache meds work most of the time.

I plan on talking to the doc to see if I can take a daily preventive medication for only a couple of months at a time. I don't want to be on preventive meds 24/7 due to the side effects. If I can only take it (and have it work) for a few months out of the year, though, I will.

I also know I need to take different steps to take care of myself. Eat better, move more, lose some weight.
Too much soda and junk food lately. I've been getting on the exercise bike a bit more lately. Today, I start my "no cocoa" goal.

Clearly, I have a case of the rambles this morning. I'm tired and achey and just want to run off to a beach somewhere and sit there listening to the waves for a while and not think about anything.

That would be nice.

No comments:

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013