4.22.2017

I guess it's about time...

My friends, there are only so many bon-bons one can eat, so many books one can read, and so many naps one can take before one starts talking to the furniture. ;)

After submitting 130 applications, going on 13 interviews, and driving 560 miles over the past nine weeks, I'm very pleased to say that my life of leisure is coming to an end after next week.

I am now a new employee for what appears to be a lovely company! The new commute will be more than twice the old commute, but the job, people, opportunities, and company all seem great. I am very excited about this new adventure.

The next week will be full of getting ready for this new chapter -- cleaning the house, sorting through all my clothes to see what fits, ironing, sewing as necessary, unsubscribing from a bunch of job sites, getting the van ready for the longer commute... the list is long.

Thank you to all of you who provided me with words of encouragement and support while I was working towards this adventure -- especially my family. There have been lots of ups and downs over the past few weeks. LOTS.

Bring it on universe! I'm ready! :)

3 comments:

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Congratulations! I'm ready for new doughnuts-at-work posts!

August95 said...

Great news! So happy for you. They are lucky to have you.

Effie said...

wonderful!! So happy for you!!�� Sorry that your commute is sooooooo long!!��

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013